Free School Fundraising Teaching Resources
Fundraising Ideas and More for School Fundraising Groups
Parents, teachers, students and PTA members all need to raise funds for their school or pre-school at some point but it can be tricky knowing where to start or what are the best fundraising ideas. On this page you can find a host of easy, quick and fun fundraising ideas, projects and activities that are ideal for most schools. Best of all, they all feature free samples, activities and ideas for fundraisers that will get you started. A well thought out and planned fundraiser event that goes down well will ensure a good future for any more fundraising events.
Top Tips for School Fundraisers
1. Decide on your target for fundraising and what it is for. Then let everybody know. The more specific you can be the better.
2. Understand the circumstances of your parents and school community. Be realistic about what you can achieve and what people will be willing to give.
3. Combine fundraising events and activities with products and projects to add variety.
4. Try something new as well as using well established fundraising activities.
5. Make sure you publicise your events or products in school newsletters, on notice-boards and posters to get as many people involved and aware as possible.
6. Go into PTA meetings with lots of ideas and be prepared for only a few of them to be popular.
7. Play on the strengths of your school and the curriculum. A FairTrade event for example works brilliantly as a way of teaching children about citizenship and healthy eating as well as raising money for charity.
8. Start small if you are not confident. Every little helps.
9. Get the support of staff, parents and the children. The best fundraisers come from the ideas of the kids.
10. Use key calendar dates such as Easter or Christmas to tie in with fundraising for your school or charity.
8 Key Free Teaching Resources
Fundraising Done the Eco Way with EcoKids; Get Rid of Unused Textiles!
Asthma UK provide free education resources which help teachers educate children about asthma. They provide a range of information and support for people with asthma, their families, and professionals.
Inspiring resources on sustainability, climate change, renewable energy and global learning
Help with both Primary and Secondary School fundraising as everyone is asked to sell their unwanted textiles to Bag2School.
For class fundraising, this site offers a selection of art packs that children can use and sell to raise money for a cause.
Banardo’s BigToddle helps organise a charity walking event for the under 5s that helps raise money.