Link the curriculum to pets in fun and engaging ways with PDSA’s free downloadable lesson plans, videos and interactive games aimed at Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 pupils
Learning and Teaching Resources
Do your pupils love learning about animals, but you are struggling to find the time to fit it in?
PDSA can help! PDSA have a wide range of resources aimed at KS1, KS2 and KS3 students, using pets as a theme for teaching students valuable academic and personal skills, tailored closely to the curriculum.
Who are PDSA?
PDSA are the UK's leading veterinary charity. Within their 48 PetAid hospitals and 375 PetAid practices, they treat 5,900 pet patients each day, equalling 2.3 million treatments per year. They also complete research and their 2011 PDSA Animal Wellbeing Report raises serious concerns about pet health and wellbeing across the UK. PDSA's Education team strives to address the issues and give young people a better awareness of responsible pet ownership.
What can PDSA offer you?
• Free downloadable resources covering Citizenship, History, English, Maths, Science and more.
• Interactive games and videos for pupils to engage with.
• Pet Protectors Schools Club. Just £20 for an annual subscription, receive a fantastic welcome pack including badges and posters as well as weekly animal-themed activities for your club and seasonal resources emailed to you each month.
• Free assembly talks and workshops for primary and secondary schools delivered by veterinary nurses and volunteers.
• PettyCash, PDSA's fundraising initiative for enterprising pupils. Individually or in groups, pupils need to register to receive a fundraising pack to organise one of 8 challenges, raise money and develop fantastic skills along the way!