Software that can help teachers create exercises for Primary and Secondary School classes.
Create multiple-choice, short-answer exercises
Hot potatoes is a suite of six applications which enable the teacher to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the use on Interactive Whiteboards, web pages, or your school’s VLE. Hot Potatoes is free and can be copied or distributed on the school’s VLE. It also works well over a network.
This software is great for creating interactive lesson starters and / or plenaries in KS3 and KS4 – for any subject. It’s also a very effective tool for creating revision materials for a VLE.
Hardware requirements, network
• Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista, version 6.3).
• Windows 7, Vista, XP, or 2000
• The java version will run on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux or any computer running a Java Virtual Machine.
This software can be run over a school network.
ICT curriculum uses and referencing
• All – cross curricular.
Possible teaching activities and cross curricular use
• Create short multiple choice tests.
• Create matching exercises.
• Create cloze procedure exercises.
• Create educational crosswords.
• Create short answer tests for a VLE.