Edmodo can help with connecting teachers and pupils, handing and distributing homework and conducting a discussion.
Whole school / class solution for homework and resources. An alternative VLE experience
Edmodo allows teachers to create a cloud based secure learning environment for their class or school. It allows teachers and pupils to connect, collaborate, share educational applications, submit homework, mark and return homework and conduct online class discussions. Edmodo is completely secure and moderated. There is a growing community of teacher users and a wide range of instructional material and examples of best practise. Some schools have transferred entire teaching programmes to Edmodo – every interactive whiteboard screen, lesson, piece of coursework, video resource, coursework and assessment can be integrated into the cloud based software.
Hardware requirements, network
• Internet connection
• Access to videoconferencing facilities if required.
This software needs to run on individual workstations. However, there are no issues saving to shared fileservers.
ICT curriculum uses and referencing
Possible teaching activities and cross curricular use
• Submit, mark and return homework online.
• Create online teaching blocks.
• Create a resource of every IWB lesson screen online.
• Collaborate with other schools in your areas / LEA.
• Create a bank of revision materials / videos / resources.